Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

The Joys of January // Looking Ahead, Issue 1 (VII)


 
It's 2018!


*inhales happily* A year of fresh starts. 2017 was pretty good - two new additions to our family, Mia and Kit!

I know this is a 'Looking Ahead', but I want to look back over 2017 briefly and choose my favorite post from each month!


January - The Ice Princess
Probably one of my favorite photoshoots EVER.


Wow. This one got a LOT of views... and went pretty crazy.
 
March - Spending a Day in Space
 I loved making this: the foil and improvised spacesuit, the moonsand, the foil landing pad.... the flag... EVERYTHING WAS SO FUN!
 
XD XD This one was one of my pet projects. It's like, a sarcastic poke of fun at celebrity stuff....
 
May - Mia and Star
Another photoshoot. How original...
 
June - Adventure in the Attic
This was so much fun to do - it took like, two hours in 100+ degree summer attic weather. *swelters at thought* But it was TOTALLY worth it. :)
 
I am literally SO proud of this photoshoot. Grace was gorgeous, and none of the photos except for the featured one were edited. *runs around cheering*
 
August - Cowgirl at Sunset

 
This was fun. Noelle is ALWAYS fun to photograph - she's SO pretty!
 
(SEPTEMBER - OCTOBER = HIATUS)
 
November - A Walk in the Square
*winces* so terribly edited... 
December - Reindeer Ruckus
One of the best CCCs I've ever done - it was SO fun and I HIGHLY recommend it! :D




*******************************************************************
^ those are snowflakes, okay?


Anyways, with a new year.... I wanted to do something new for Dolls N' All... but what? I'm not getting a new doll, I like the design we have right now, and I really had no other ideas except...

a new domain!


I'm hoping to get enough money for my birthday to cover my sponsor child and a domain... but I can't choose which one I want.
dollsnall.com is already taken, evidently, by some kind of custom fabric doll thing (?!).
My top picks are:
 
Dollsnall.live 
This one is pretty unique. XD It's my personal favorite because I literally live and breathe my blog. XD
Dollsnall.us 
This works, I guess. :)
Dollsnall.org  
One of the classic domains.


So, which one do you think would suit DNA the best? :)
Comment below with your opinion!

(also, I *might* be getting something for my birthday that starts with a w and ends with a g.)

******************************************************************************
STATISTICS TIME


YAY! NERD TIME! (reference to the YouTube videos.... did you know that they have 'stats for nerds'? XD XD)


But.... I do have some stats for you, and the goals I have for this year. :)


(all statistics as of December 30 - and I am NOT bragging, JSYK. :D)


Followers: 30
Goal: 100

Subscribers: 49
Goal: 100

Pageviews: 59, 891
Goal: 500,000
 
Comments: 2,275
Goal: 5,000

Posts: 376
Goal: 750

Yes, I have lofty goals. :D :D :D
********************************************************************

It's a new year for...

DOTM!

In case you've been hiding under a rock the past year, DOTM stands for 'Doll of the Month' and is when different dolls from different blogs come and are featured on DNA for a whole month - once a week, generally.

Last year was awesome - and also a secret testing process. I watched prospect blogs and checked their consistency before allowing them to have the spot. I tested out the dolls and bloggers who attained the status of DOTM and welcomed back... five! You'll have to keep looking all through the year to see what's in store with DOTM.

But first, a survey:
Which DOTM was your favorite?

 











And now..... do YOU want a chance to get on 2018's 'Best DOTM' voting board? Fill out the form right HERE! I made it convenient this year... *smirks* (that way, you have no excuse for ANYTHING)

Now... for January's DOTM...
 
The doll that everyone knows and loves....
 
 
Juliette Brooke Albright!
Look for her introduction post SOON! :D
 
*************************************************************
Plus, remember that thing called the DNA rewards? Yeah. Well, that didn't work because I went on my hiatus and everything went nuts... thus I'm going to re-launch it and try again. Plus, guess what one of the rewards will be?
Have you seen these? I did manga-style art by transforming each of Samantha and Madison's dolls into a character... and I sent them the originals! For ya'll, I can either send it or scan and email it. :) It's really fun to do (Samantha colored hers, and Madi's is the one of the right - the other one is from someone else)!
 
********************************************************
Hmm.... what else is there to talk about?
I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I feel like I've been SO out of the blogosphere. Like, my hiatus and then the Nutcracker canceled and everything and *wails* it's so sad.
But heeey, I've got some fun posts planned, including 'My Pen Pal Dressed My Dolls' and 'Rebcake Dressed My Dolls' (guys, be jealous. I skyped her for her birthday. MWHAHAHHA LUCKY ME HAHAHAHA) Plus, I'm gonna try to get Madi *hint hint* to Skype me for MY birthday so SHE can dress my dolls. *smirks*
It's gonna be FUN.
 
So, TALK TO ME! LAUNCH INTO A HUGE CONVERSATION AND START THE YEAR OFF RIGHT!
 
~ Light4theLord
photographer of the stars

 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. This sounds really fun! I'm definitely going to sign my dolls up for DOTM!
    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so! I look forward to reading their applications! :)

      Delete
  2. Hope from AG Doll DreamsJanuary 3, 2018 at 10:47 AM

    Whoa, super cool!!! I will have to enter my doll Bethany for DOTM!!!! And wow, I didn't know you drew Madi's dolls too, how cool is that!?!?! (I was the other one who did. :) ) And she can color her own dolls!!!! That's epic!!!! By the way, is Kitrina named after Katrina from Adventures In Odyssey!?!? I love that show!!! :D:D:D:D

    -Hope www.agdolldreams.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I hope you do - I'll definitely go check the form responses. :) Yours were really great! That's so super cool! I was scared of coloring them myself, so I figured I'd call it a coloring page. XD XD Yes, she is!!! My siblings are huge fans of AIO too! :)

      Delete
  3. I WANT TO KNOW MORE PRIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND MORE WAYS TO EARN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I'm so glad you're looking forward to it! I hope to launch it sometime this month or next. :)

      Delete
  4. YAY! DOTM! I can't wait!
    ~ The Human

    https://lifeofafarmdoll.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I! I can't wait to see your month! :)

      Delete
  5. HEHE PRIZES I WANT PRIZES GIMME ALL DA PRIZES.

    Just kidding, I'll do what's required to get the points first. XDD

    2017 was such an awesome year for DNA! I also like dollsnall.live best for a domain, it is so unique and I don't know anyone else who has a .live domain.

    Thank you SO much again for the beautiful doll drawing!! I'm featuring it in a Christmas card exchange thank-you post soon, I'm just waiting on a few late cards to come in so no one gets their feelings hurt. XD

    Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOOOOOOON.
      Just as soon as this flu bout is over. I AM SO READY TO BE BACK ENTIRELY. (maybe.. with my own lapytopy?! Maybe. But sadly, my dad is also not approving of my blogging very much... *sobs*)

      YAY!

      I had SO much fun! I hope 2018 is even BETTER! Thanks for your input - I'm SUPER excited to put my plan into action! :D

      You're SO welcome! It was SO much fun to do, and I loved matching the personalities. *sighs happily* Now, who to do next.... :D Totally understand!

      Delete
  6. I signed up my doll, Brooke for DOTM. Also, cna you do the picture for my dolls please? You can see them here, https://allamericangirldotcom.wordpress.com/meet-the-dolls/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic! Thanks so much for applying!

      Actually, I'd love to when the DNA Rewards opens! :) That'll probably happen this summer, and you can work towards that reward through the program when it launches! Hope you join when it opens!

      Delete
  7. What is Madi's definition of soon?

    She told me to ask you...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts