Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

The Ice Princess


Starring Elizabeth Cole
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
I took Elizabeth out this morning, into the beautiful, tranquil morning. The ground was covered in ice, and I wasn't able to take any snow pictures because it was only ice.

I'm glad though, because I fell in love with Elizabeth over and over again as I took her pictures.
 
The ground was covered in tiny ice crystals that crunched beneath my feet.

I thought this dress was perfect for Elizabeth, who I'm pretty sure was meant to be a princess. She looks gorgeous in every ballgown I put her in!

This is one of the pictures that got me. She's absolutely GORGEOUS!

(ignore the yellow ladder)

I love her hair like this.

Madi and Elizabeth have the most beautiful hair and I love doing their hair!

With those golden waves that cascade over her shoulders...

She's stunning, isn't she?

I am SO glad I have Elizabeth! In this picture and lighting she looks a lot like Lea, if you just glance at her!

Elly has always been really special to me.

(pause the narration for a minute) Isn't this pretty? This is the only place I could find vast whiteness.

Guess where it is? On top of the playhouse!

Anyways... ever since I got her, I've loved her.

She's been to Florida who knows how many times, and Elly is the one I normally take everywhere.

With those pretty pin curls and long hair....
If you haven't already fallen in love with her, let me show you some more pictures!

This is actually a start of a second batch - yes, the same day, within the same hour (eight a.m. before the sun rose completely so I could get pictures before the ice melted!). I just had to get more... photography is addictive!

I love this dress on Elizabeth. It has little chainlink accents and wide lacy cuffs and a matching collar.

Elizabeth is just really pretty in this dress - it fits her like it was custom made for Elizabeth alone!

Everything was encased in ice, which gave it a dreamy, fantasy look.

And those pretty waves *dies for the billionth time over Elly's hair*

A picture is worth a thousand words.

And believe me, I have plenty of pictures! Elizabeth's hair is the only one that really curls. I have a really neat story about that:
I had tried over and over and over (and over and over and over) to curl my dolls' hair because I just REALLY wanted Lea. It was the only thing that was on my mind for a while, because I loved Lea. I was feeling very discontent and not really grateful... but right after we went to the AG store and I wanted a curly haired doll even more and was frustrated with my failure in curling doll hair...
I curled Elizabeth's hair. In the car. With only a hairbrush!
Now it's almost naturally curly - I promise, I didn't do ANYTHING to her hair in the above picture. Actually, none of these pictures have been edited!

Sleeping Beauty...

She's in an ice castle.

In fact... she's in a tangle of frozen grapevines several feet off the ground.
And yet she's peaceful (would you be?!?!).

Elizabeth is the doll for natural lighting... I used to hate how I couldn't take inside photos of her because her eyes turned bright blue and looked really weird when I took a picture with the flash, but now I love them. Serene, clear blue eyes that are just... really pretty!

And she's a perfect doll. She doesn't need anything to make her a star in the photoshoot world!


I think this is just about my favorite picture of Elly EVER. And I mean in all the history of her photos (believe me, I've taken hundreds... and I'm not exaggerating!).

Well, you're almost done. If you've actually looked at all these pictures and read the captions, I commend you for your loyalty. Thank you so much!

Elizabeth thanks you too! I love her so much and am so thankful for her! If you click on your favorite picture and it opens in a new tab, copy the link and post it below in the comments to let me know which one you like the most!
~ Light4theLord and the Ice Princess
 


Comments

  1. https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oT8Yh5PgPXU/WHE18FlcORI/AAAAAAAAEIk/xY5WMfTjvr4tDzB3-FfNbzUxVlsnLa86QCLcB/s320/IMG_2936.JPG
    This is my favorite picture. Her hairstyle is unbelieveable! And all the captions were fun to read, also. Can you post a guide on how you did Elizabeth's hair? This was a great photo shoot!
    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to share how I did it, it's very simple! I'll tag you on G+ once I do!
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  2. We only had ice at our house too. But i sure wish it snowed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow, these are gorgeous!!!!! I can't choose a favorite. They're just all my favorite!!! 😍💜👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Izzy! I love all of them too!
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  4. Nice photos! Elizabeth is gorgeous! :)
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts