Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

A Walk In the Square

Hi everyone! It's Light4theLord! I don't dare let my dolls write the post I've been dying to do forever. :D So, first off....
I've been dying to do this photoshoot for almost a year now - it's in a GORGEOUS town square about an hour away. We rarely go to that city, only for chiropractic visits. I wanted to do it in the fall (especially wanted to with my doll in the Emily dress, but nope. That's on my really, really, really would love to have list. :D ) and so....
My mom had to go to the chiropractor and she was the only one going.... but I couldn't use the camera. So, I used the 'I've done Bible Bee for 159 hours since August' line and got a one-day pass! *squeals* It was awesome.... except for the fact that uh, my boots broke halfway through. Like, what even??!! Yeah. It was hard to walk around, and I nearly tripped and fell on the camera. Thankfully, I didn't break anything. (ya'll were more worried about the camera right then, weren't you?!) Enough with me rambling (guys, I've not gotten to ramble on and on about this kind of stuff - OH AND I HAVE A GREAT SURPRISE COMING UP AFTER NATIONALS but I can't tell you. *smirks* - anyways, at least not for two months...... bear with me.)
 and onto the photos!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi ya'll! It's Jules here. As Light4theLord already said, she took ME to model for her long-awaited photos! *squeals* I brought along Honey, just 'cause she's the perfect little addition. This was a gorgeous alleyway - SO picturesque. Totally looked like something out of a movie.

Do you like my fishtail? My legal guardian, L4TL's sister, said to put my original braid back in. So I added a twist. *smirks*

And this place was just so beautiful! Look at that stunning brick wall and the creeping green ivy stuff.


Do you like my outfit? I made it myself - I used a denim skirt that I had made before and then a top that I made from one of L4TL's hand-me-down tops that she wasn't about to wear in public (rather immodest. But the sleeves had pretty ruffles, so I claimed the fabric. I might also use it for an upcoming special!).


I just love this square - SO pretty! I hope you're getting the gist of things so far. (and dude, what's that guy doing back there?! Don't worry. We cropped him out and now you can only barely see his shirt and hand)


Here, Honey!
 
*poses* Wait, where's Honey?!
Honeeey! Get out of that flowerbed!


Arf!
 
Honeeey! I don't want to come in after you. I'll get all dirty. *scrunches up nose* Come.

Anyways, let me tell you about the square. In the very center is a gorgeous fountain, and then like a little park. The road goes around the park, and on the outskirts are sidewalks and several adorable little shops! (several boutiques, might I add..)


And here I am, at the entrance of the park!
 
Ahhh. It's fall, ya'll. *sighs happily* My FAVORITE season!



And it just so happened that there were several inviting haystacks!
 
 
#boots You guys ought to know of my obsession over boots by now.

 


You're probably getting very tired of pictures of me (how dare you!), so I'll minimize the rest of my time. I've missed you guys so much! We've ALL missed ya'll!


This is the tree L4TL was thinking about the entire time. I mean, what's up with that?! Seriously?! She's obsessed about a tree?!
(L4TL: Guys, it's a really pretty tree. And it made for a great shot.)
 
#bootsagain #leaves #idonthaveaninstabutiwantone
 
Leaves! Leaves! More leaves!
 



 And now I take my leave. :D I think Sam's puns are uh, wearing off on me. :)

I loved doing this, guys! Hey, and look for a second part in a couple of weeks!

A few quick notes - the National Bible Bee Competition is literally in one. week. When you're reading this, L4TL is probably registering or suffering through the last leg of a really long trip in a confined space with several siblings. Pray for her endurance. :D :D :D

Plus, semi-finals and finals SHOULD be lived streamed, so go to BibleBee.org later this week or early next week - semis are on Friday, the 17th, and finals are on the 18th! If L4TL gets in either (haha, who are we kidding?!), we'll let you know.

And one more thing - I'm going with her! I've already got ALL my outfits packed, and it's going to be a BLAST! Why me?! Welllll...
Kit - can't go, 'cause she doesn't want to miss any school (seriously?!?! Who DOESN'T want to miss school to go on vacation?!?!)
Samantha - she's been on SO many trips, as L4TL's first doll. She went to Chicago, and Florida, and Florida, and Florida... (guys, in case you were wondering, L4TL has relatives in FL)
Elly - she went to Florida SO many times.... including FL last year AND this year.
Amy - she does NOT like new places
Josie - she went last year!
Katie - she went last year too...
Madi - uh, she went this year.
Mia - she went this year too!

So, ME! (also because I look best in boots. And TX is boot country, right?! KitKatStudio Katie, tell me I'm right.)

See you guys later!
~ Jules

 





Comments

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Good luck at bible bee!
    <3
    ~Lu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I hope you get in L4TL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these pictures!!!! (And, yes, I was more worried about the camera. #sorrynotsorry :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! XD XD XD Thanks a lot! Just kidding! :)

      Delete
  4. AHHHH THE PHOTOS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL! Did you edit some of them? THEY LOOK AMAZING. And have fun in Texas, Julie! L4TL will take some epic photos, be sure to rock the boots. ;) And OOH. I'm gonna try to stream Bible Bee!! That'll be so exciting!!

    Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW thank you!!! Yes, I did. :D Thanks to your recommendations, that is. :) :) :) Ooh I hope you do! Maybe you'll see Rebekah! ~ Light4theLord

      You can rest assured that I will TOTALLY rock all four pairs of boots. - Jules

      WOAH WOAH WOAH JULIE. Not four pairs. I'm only taking ONE, girl! Two at max. - L4TL

      WWWWHAAAAT?!?! ONLY TWO?!?!?!? *sobs* FINE. - Jules

      Delete
  5. Those photos are gorgeous! I love Julie's outfit! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made it, actually! It's a denim skirt and the sleeve from a hand-me-down top. It was quite fun!

      Delete
  6. That was such a lovely photoshoot! I can't wait until you win the finals of National Bible Bee! :D ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why you wanted to take pictures in that spot! It's a great backdrop for photos! I especially like the first one and the seventh and eighth photos. :)
    Haha, I know about being stuck in a vehicle for hours with siblings. I'm pretty sure I don't have as many as you do, though. ;) I hope you do well in the Bible Bee!
    ~Sassafras

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such an awesome place to take pictures! I love them, great job! I really like Julie's outfit. Emily's outfit is super nice, I highly recommend it if you decide to get it... The only thing I'd say is that the head band doesn't fit very well. Good luck at Bible Bee!!!!!!
    - Katie :)

    P.S. I nominated you for the blue sky tag! You can find out more on my blog,
    http://alldolldupbykat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is a beautiful spot! Love the pictures.
    ~ The Human

    P.S. Could you check out my new blog? https://herbookofcourse.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos. Great shoot. Love the outfit. Puppy is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pictures!

    That's cool that you get to go Julie!

    By the way I (Under the username Mia) sent you an email to your 100 dolls 4 100 girls account. Just to let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts