Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

Three Years?! // Happy Blogiversay, DNA!

3 years. 32 followers. 52 subscribers. 69,904 views. 423 posts. 9 dolls. 1 girl.
 
 
Dolls N' All has given me such joy for three entire years. It certainly doesn't seem that long!
 
I absolutely love blogging and my dolls and the friends I've made and... words don't work.
 
Pictures do, though! Through the three crazy years that I've been blogging, I've learned a LOT! Photography, sewing, interior design, hairstyling, fashion, graphic design, writing...
 
It's been amazing!
And, I thought it'd be fun to take a picture from each year (July - June) 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2017-2018) and compare the photography for three dolls!
now, cringe with me at my abominable photography skills
 
 
JULIE: 2015-2016                     JULIE: 2016-2017
 
 
 
JULIE: 2017-2018
 
 
KATIE: 2015-2016 (the day I got her!)
KATIE: 2016-2017
KATIE: 2017-2018 (with her new Beautifully Custom wig)

 
ELLY: 2015-2016                          ELLY: 2016-2017
ELLY: 2017-2018
 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
As I went through my old (and often cringey!) archives, I would be like 'Oh, I remember taking those!!' or 'I wish that person was still blogging...' It's kinda weird. Like, I can re-feel the feelings that I had while taking the first shots of Mia. I remember the exact way the living room was set up when I was sewing outfits for Julie's giant birthday party. I remember the exhilaration of the first outside photoshoot, and who my subjects were! I vaguely remember the weather of several photoshoots, and some of the funny things that happened in them.
 
So, I thought I'd like to share three posts from each year (2015-2016, 2016-2017, and 2017-2018) and why they're my favorites!
 
2015 - 2016
I have to say, this was by FAR the easiest year. XD
 
This was a fun photoshoot with two guest dolls, Grace and Noelle! I loved their outfits (and still do!) and while the photos are definitely not my best XD they're ones I enjoyed taking.
 
Oh goodness, I had totally forgotten about this one! But this was so fun to do - part of the shots were taken at my house and the other half at a historical cabin at a reserve park! I've taken my dolls there twice, and I really enjoyed this one. I've always had a soft spot for historical stories!
 
 
This was the first complete post with all six dolls and their bios in it! Madi, Mia, and Kit weren't even here yet!
 
2016-2017
 
To be frank with you, that was hard. I just had to go through a TON of posts 0_0 and I had at least twenty tabs competing for the coveted three spots here! :) But I narrowed it down to the three that made me smile right away and that have been my favorites no matter what!
 
 
This is one of my favorite photoshoots ever, no doubt about it! The frosty setting is so magical! Elizabeth is definitely a princess, and several of my classic favorite photos are in this shoot!
 
 
This was taken during the best week of my life, and it was so much fun! I loved the lighting - for once I was super pleased with my indoor photography - and just hiding the dolls around was way tooooo much fun! XD
 
 
 
Oh. my. goodness. This has to be my favorite photostory that I've done in the three years I've blogged. Hands down. I absolutely love this one and Mia and Grace. I... also remember being insaaaaanely hot for over an hour - it was in the high 90s outside and I was in our super hot attic... so it was probably close to 100 up there. And then we went to Six Flags. And I was still hot. XD
 
2017-2018
 
Okay, so for some reason this was actually an easier year because I didn't have quite as much nostalgia. ;)
 
 
Boom. Chabang. No hesitation and tadaaaa, this amazing post featuring the epic Del!
 
 
So... does anyone remember the M&M show?! :D This was one of the super fun ones.
 
 
I LOVED working on this gorgeous little mini doll room! Rebekah (mini Lea) is so adorable and the room, after much hard work, fits her perfectly!
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Now that you're completely and entirely bored... I'm trying to think of something interesting to tell you. XD
 
Anyways, you guys are amazing. If it wasn't for all of y'all and your amazing comments and encouragement, I probably wouldn't still be here. I love my dolls, I love blogging, and I love all my friends I've made through this blog!
 
Speaking of friends, in just two weeks I'll be able to say I've met THREE of the people I've met through blogging!
annnnnd...
in just a couple of weeks...
Jenn!
 
Thank you ALL for supporting me in this insanely fun blogging journey, and here's to another year of DNA!
 
~ Light4theLord
photographer of the stars 
 
 P.S. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
 


Comments

  1. Wow!!! Congrats!!! It's been amazing reading your posts for three years already. :) You were one of the first blogging friends I've ever made! <3 Keep up the great work!

    Kaitlyn @ Kaits AG Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kaitlyn!! I still remember the camp crafts vividly and making them was so much fun! Thank you for being such a loyal blogging fan and reader!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was so fun seeing all the cool crafts you made for Camp Crafts! <3

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary! three years rocks!
    Yes, I completely understand those feelings when looking back. Especially missing community members who have stopped blogging. It is fun to see how one grows though too! I have this post as marked to read again. Have to check out those links
    ~Xyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BLOGIVESARY!!!! Your posts have always been amazing, and you have come so far! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much! I couldn't have done it without y'all!!

      Delete
  4. Oops! That last comment was from me, Kaylyn, not Countryfolks. XD Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD That's totally fine! I've done that before too!!

      Delete
  5. Ahhh! Congrats!! I remember reading Adventure in The Attic and thinking, ''Wow, I have GOT to hang out with L4TL sometime...''
    {Natalie}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Awwww! You're so sweet! It'd be super fun and super cool if we could one day! Let me know if you ever come down south!

      Delete
    2. I most definitely will! Email me if you're ever in the Chesapeake Bay area!
      ~Natalie

      Delete
  6. AHHHHH!!!!!!!! CONGRATS ON YOUR BLOGIVERSARY!!!!!

    AND YES ONLY A FEW WEEKS AHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

      ONLY ONE. WEEK! *dies* AHHHHHHHH!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, that's amazing! Congratulations! I loved the idea of seeing the photography improve. Here's to many more years and many more amazing posts and photographs!
    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh! Congratulations on 3 years! That's crazy! I loved your photos, you have improved so much!!! <3
    ~Reynaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. JULIA!!!! Congrats on 3 years!!! I love your blog, it's amazing! Keep it up! :)
    ~Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWww, thank you so much!! I'm so glad you love my blog!

      Delete
  10. AHHHHHHH HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!
    The blogosphere would never be complete without DNA. :) Here's to many more years! *tosses confetti and shoots the cookie cannon*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts