Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

past the perfectionism | the return


For months, I've been saying, "I miss my dolls. I miss DNA so much." 
For months, I've been telling myself that I'll get around to it.
For weeks I've been saying WILL THIS STUPID RAIN STOP SO I CAN GET SOME PHOTOS (henceforth why you get to see a really old picture in the featured image *insert eyeroll*
Anyways.

The point is, I've missed everyone so much. I've missed my dolls, I've missed all my amazing doll blogger friends, I've missed everyone else's dolls, I've missed the whole doll blogosphere (which is sadly getting smaller BUT I'M NOT GIVING IN).


I did a post like this last year... and the year before...
and hey, you know what, I'm going to miss some weeks this year, some posts are going to be late, my photos aren't going to be karaleels standard.

But that was my problem. I wanted e v e r y t h i n g to be absolutely perfect, I wanted each photoshoot to be professional, each photostory to practically be a best-selling novel.

everything had to be perfect, and it wasn't, so I refused to do it.

I had so many drafts that weren't perfect (I still do, I wanna go back and read them and cringe now XD). I avoided blogger altogether because of the pressure I was putting on myself to be perfect.

By putting the pressure of perfectionism on myself, I lost the joy of photography and the happiness of my dolls and the beauty of the friendships I've made. My little tribe, the Wordsmiths, are to thank for helping me get back to this. Y'all, I'm so excited! I was scrolling through old pictures and each one had so so so so so many memories attached. I scrolled through AGIG and got reinspired. I got out my dolls (like, I've been doing stuff with them and doing photoshoots throughout the year, I just couldn't bring myself to post them because they weren't perfect) and I'm so ready to be back.


I'm not going to be perfect, I'm going to try to work on posts on the weekends. 
But sometimes school is going to get in the way (y'all, just take a word of advice and never try to do a huge year of school in one semester, I'm paying for it heh). Sometimes life will interfere. Sometimes my pictures won't be as good as I want them to be. Sometimes the photostories are going to be really lame. XD 

But I'm going to do it anyways because I'm not getting any better just letting this blog die out.

You're welcome for having to read that whole post with no new pictures, I'm sorry, I finally got a laptop and I haven't transferred any of my pictures yet. XD

But even writing this post has made me smile, and I look forward to seeing y'all around!

(hopefully) there will be an announcement of what I think I can (reasonably) bring back and feature here at DNA over the course of 2020! It's nothing enormous (but it's going to be fun), I'm going to ease myself back into this. XD

So tell me everything I've missed, comment down below what you've missed the most or what you'd like to see again, link any new doll blogs I should follow!

~ Light4theLord
photographer of the stars

Comments

  1. Julia!!! I’m SO HAPPY YOU’RE BACK! I’ve missed your blog so much! I can’t wait for your posts, all of which I love and think they’re already perfect because *you* made them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're back, Julia!!!! *hugs* I've missed all of your beautiful posts on here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs back* thank you so much!! I can't wait to get back to it!

      Delete
  3. *sobs* the epic comeback we've been waiting for

    here's to not being perfect, but still being real, julia *fistbumps* the wordsmiths got your back, and so does this little community you got right here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhhh you're back twinyayzie!! My day just got a million times better *nods* I'm so excited to see what's in store for DNA, and I'm glad you're easing yourself back into it. Take it slow! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY FOR A MILLION TIMES BETTER XD thanksy!! <3

      Delete
  5. YASSSSssssss! Miss you and your blog (I forgot if you used your real name)!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JULIA!
    I have seriously missed your posts. I am SO glad you're back! *squeals*
    This reminds me so much of myself 2 years ago. I wrote up a post called Out with the Old, and I've been blogging consistently ever since. I feel like you can too! (or maybe I'm just hoping too, haha.)
    Anyway, I'd love it if you would check out Camp Happy Heart. I hosted it last summer, and this summer I'm doing it a little different...
    Anyway, you can check it out if you want here: https://buildabearsfurever.wordpress.com/2020/01/17/its-returning/

    Also, I started a personal blog if you're interested. It's ihave12ofaplan.wordpress.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I've so missed reading all of your posts, I'm totally totally going to go read that!!! Thank you so much! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts