Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

 

~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~

this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids. 

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia.


She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings. 

As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated. 
Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other things to do. Due to the lovely coronavirus, she spent most of her fall studying for the ACT and SAT and praying about the tests and what God would have her to do. When God opened doors to go to a dream college by making her adequate (2 Corinthians 3:4-6 was the verse she held onto) and giving her a 35 on the ACT, she was overwhelmed by His goodness. 

one of julia's actual senior picture poses

Taking a gap year beginning in fall of 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other things to do. Due to the lovely coronavirus, she spent most of her fall studying for the ACT and SAT and praying about the tests and what God would have her to do. When God opened doors to go to a dream college by making her adequate (2 Corinthians 3:4-6 was the verse she held onto) and giving her a 35 on the ACT, she was overwhelmed by His goodness. 
accurate footage of studying for the ACT

For the rest of her gap year, she worked on not overworking, something that damaged her health through high school. Healing from pyloric sphincter insufficiency was patience trying but she was thankful to have a year off to do so. 



She invested in her art, painting a mural on her bedroom wall, taking art classes, doing watercolor portraits and pastel doodles.



fun fact: journey to fort kernera and outcast are actually written by julia and she has miniature copies thanks to her friends

She wrote, tallying her life’s word count so far at near 800,000. Novels, short stories, fanfictions. She began volunteer writing for JAARS, where she hopes to be a pilot in the future but was given the opportunity to write about people who have done what she wants to do.


 fun fact: julia practiced 30 hours in one week. do the math
Practicing La Campanella by Liszt and Appassionata by Beethoven, she had her senior piano recital at the end of 2020. Along with teaching piano and violin virtually, she began tutoring ESL and got a job at Chick-fil-a.  

shhh doll newsies recreations may be coming up soon because i wanna 

Julia is also very obsessed with Newsies. Very.



One day, as Julia was going about her daily routine and really missing having a group of friends (she’d been through a rough season of life and change), she recalled the friends in her closet, her lovely dolls who had always been there. For a while she’d been too busy to relax at all and then when she got the chance, her little sister took over and interrupted any photo shoots. Darling little sister and Julia’s favorite person on earth but a tad bit disruptive.

Julia missed her dolls and the beautiful blogosphere community, from which several people had reached out to her, reminding her of the years that had faded into oblivion. So she decided to pick up a camera again for the first time in awhile and give it a shot (pun intended). Perhaps she’d be able to spend some time every now and then with her doll friends again, at least before heading off to college.


Because this story was just beginning.


~

Y'all. I have missed this so. so much and I didn't even realize it until I completely destroyed my room with doll clothes and shoes and props. I did this all in one day and I absolutely loved it, I hope you enjoyed it even a fraction of how much I have!

This is just some of what I've been up to the past year or so ;)

I'm thinking of doing my life in doll photostories, I've got some photo dumps I could give y'all too. O:)

A huge thanks to Madi and Diamond and Jenn and Josie especially for reminding me of how much I miss and love this <3


be back soon (don't know how soon, work and everything keeps me busy and in addition to doing all this I also recording a podcast episode, took my brother to the library, wrote 1.5k in a fanfiction, decorated a cake... yeah. but I loved it so much)!


~ light4thelord/julia rose




Comments

  1. I can't tell you haw much joy it gave me to wake up on a Saturday morning and read a blog post, just like old times. The pictures are wonderful as always, and congratulation on graduating and great scores. All of your long time readers know how had you worked, and I'm so glad to hear you're fulfilling your dreams!
    It's so nice to hear from you, and I can't wait to see the next post and the next, no matter how far apart. <3
    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much for your kind words Megan!! You've always been so encouraging and your comments make my day!!
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  2. I love this way of announcing your return to the blogosphere! I'm so happy you're back.
    It sounds like you've had a productive time away. I loved hearing about it.

    Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to be back - and that's a good bit thanks to you!! Thank you so much for reminding me of how much I've missed this! I've had a very productive little while but I'm really excited to include DNA in my productivity!!
      ~Light4theLord

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you've posted again. I was very very worried at the beginning that this was going to be one of those beautifully sad end of blog posts. Plus, this is a really cool idea, your life as a photostory!
    ~FlamyFox13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear! I'm sorry I concerned you!! It's not the end yet, I'm so excited to be back! Doing my life in a photostory was SO much fun and I might do some more similar things once it stops raining!! Thank you for your sweet comment!
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  4. I got so worried this was going to be an 'end of the blog' post!! It was in past tense and for some reason I got all worried. XD I'm glad I don't have to freak out about that and can freak out about Lanea Hope instead!! She's gorgeous! And you're back!!! Yay!
    -ForestPoodle88

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww!! No, I'm so sorry I worried you!! Yesss, get super excited about Lanea because I love her so much and she's so photogenic you might see nothing but just Lanea XD
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  5. Aw! I totally understand being busy! Hopefully you'll be able to find more time for your dolls and blog soon! No worries, though!
    -Haley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your understanding and your kind comment!! I'm hoping to find more time as well (once it stops raining *glares at incessant spring rains*)!
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness Julia I missed you & your dollies so much!!! I can't believe I saw this in my Reader. You are rocking it at life, but I'm so happy you had time to post this too! These photos are so gorgeous and I hope you'll be able to do more. But no worries because I know you have so much going on! You are so amazing and talented and wonderful and just a total boss at life! Say hello to your dollies for me! Love you so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smufflehugs* Thank you so so much, Madi, I've missed you SO much as well!! I can't wait to do more with my sweet dollies. You're always so encouraging and you're the epic Madi!! Love you too!! <3
      ~Light4theLord

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts