Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

The Top Five Candidates for the February DOTM

I've been asked when the DOTM for February will be released and who she is... a February DOTM is going to be chosen - soon! Here we have the top five candidates for the February DOTM! Is your doll listed as a possible DOTM? Read on and find out!

 
Charlotte Anne Baker-Blythe

Charlotte Anne, who is eleven, loves reading, dreaming, spending time outside, hanging with her sisters, especially baby Meredith, playing with her doll Mirette and her cat Ginger, picking flowers, and climbing trees. Her nickname is Char, her dream career is an editor, her favorite color is any soft shade of blue, her favorite animals are unicorns and cats and she’s named after Charlotte from Charlotte’s Web and Anne Shirley and Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. She is loosely based off Anne from Anne of Green Gables, and she's also rather similar to her mom. She's the only redhead doll in the family, and she's a very sweet, sensitive soul, although she has trouble focusing sometimes. Also, she's the only one of the dolls who has her own room. She got to meet Neveah and Loren from Happy House of AG.
Q: Why do you want to be the DOTM? A: "I want to be DOTM because I want to help my mom get more publicity for her blog, and because I want to do something to make my sisters proud. It's hard being the new girl, and I want to be able to do something to show them how much I love them."
Q:What would you do if you were DOTM?  A: "I would do a post where I introduce everyone to my family, a post where I tell about what it's like to live on a farm in the 1920s, and maybe a photoshoot or craft?"
~ Charlotte
Legal Guardian: Izzy of Sew Sweet Dollies

 
Gabriella Coco Brown
Gabriella has a very unique sense of style, and at age 13, she prefers more of the retro or Etsy style clothing than modern Truly Me. A lot of people call her Gabby, and her birthday is on December 9.
Q: What would you do if you were DOTM? A: "If I was the DOTM, I would post different things relating to my favorite historical character and things like that."
  Q: Why do you want to be the DOTM? A: "I want to be the DOTM because I am creative with fashion (and with anything) and I think I would spice up the blog a bit with my creative touch."
~ Gabby
Legal Guardian: Jennifer Leishman
 
Jamie Alison Roberts

At age 12, Jamie loves playing soccer, making jokes, antagonizing her sisters, playing with her puppy Winter, and eating basically anything. She's my tomboy, and the only times she ever wears dresses, skirts, ruffles, frills, or pink is when I force her to. She's of Peruvian descent, and she loves Star Wars and Moana; she thinks she looks like Moana. The only times she ever cries is when she watches sad movies or when someone takes away her beloved letterman's jacket. Her family has seven pets-one cat and six dogs. She got a laptop for Christmas this year from her mom (me). After Charlotte, she is my newest doll. One of my best friends gave her and Kanani to me for free, along with a ton of other doll stuff. After Charlotte, she is my favorite doll, and she has the second best hair. Again, trumped by Charlotte. Also, she's a slob and a bit of lazy bum sometimes. She's a tomboy, and the only times she ever wears dresses, skirts, ruffles, frills, or pink is when she is forced her to. She's of Peruvian descent, and she loves Star Wars and Moana; she thinks she looks like Moana. The only times she ever cries is when she watches sad movies or when someone takes away her beloved letterman's jacket. Her family has seven pets-one cat and six dogs. She got a laptop for Christmas this year from her mom. Her birthday is October 24th. After Charlotte, she is the newest doll. Also, she's a slob and a bit of lazy bum sometimes.
 
Q: Why do you want to be DOTM? A: "I want to be DOTM because I want to share my love of soccer with the world, since no one else in my family shares my obsession, and I think it would be really fun to be the DOTM."
Q: What would you do if you were DOTM? A: "I would do a post of soccer tips and tricks, or a week in the life of Jamie. Or maybe a photoshoot?"
- Jamie -
Legal Guardian: Izzy of Sew Sweet Dollies

 
McKenna Amara Brooks
McKenna, at age thirteen, dreams of being in the Olympics as a gymnast and has her ears pierced. She also enjoys playing the piano. Her birthday is on June 2nd.
Q: What would you do if you were DOTM? A: "If I were the DOTM, I would post a Meet my Family and other things like that."
Q: Why do you want to be DOTM? A:"I want to be the DOTM because I am outgoing and would love to be a part of this amazing blog."
- McKenna
Legal Guardian: Jennifer Leishman
 
 
Paisley Penelope Parker

Paisley, who is eight, loves playing with older sisters, ballet, playing with her dogs, playing with her teddy bear, helping her sisters with their activities. SheShe would LOVE to do ballet when she's older. She loves pink (and appropriately so since her birthday is on Valentine's day), and her fashionista sister, Saige loves to pick out her pink outfits for me! She She has 8 older sisters and they love playing games with her and playing with her hair!
Q: What would you do if you were DOTM? A: " If I was doll of the month, I might post about how to do ballet, how to rock pink, and lots of other stuff!"
Q: Why do you want to be the DOTM? A: "I want to be DOTM, because it is one of the most original doll blog features I have ever seen!  I think that I would post interesting guest posts, and would be honored to be chosen!  I am #21, one of the most underrated Truly Me dolls, as well as one of the least popular, so I think that I would be a very interesting doll to be featured if you know what I mean!  I also think that since I'm most likely the youngest out of the five candidates,  my guest posts would be very fun!"
~ Paisley
Legal Guardian: Samantha of AGDollAwesome
 
Well, there you have it - the five dolls that all of a chance to become.... the February DOTM!
Which doll do you want to see as the February DOTM? You can vote HERE!

PLEASE ONLY VOTE ONCE.

If you're interested in one of your dolls being up here as one of the top five, there is more info in the link below!
 
Also, if your doll has already been entered and did NOT get to the top five candidates, don't worry! There are still 10 more DOTMs after this, so she still has a chance! ALSO note that if you mark 'I don't care' as the month option, the applicant will be entered into EVERY month!
 
~ Light4theLord

Comments

  1. This is a really good idea! :D I love it. I voted on the poll!
    ○Megan○
    abarefootgal.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! Keep an eye out for even more DOTM posts! And thanks for visiting DNA!
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  2. Charlotte! That my my entry's name, but however, she didn't make it to the top five!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is so exciting! I voted!

    P.S. I've been undecided about something recently, and since you have a really great signature, I was wondering if I could ask you something? So, I sign off on comments as "Madison" with two bullet points on either side of my name, like this: "•Madison•" a lot. On Loren's blog, I know she doesn't like the name Madison so I experimented around and signed off as "★Madi". I'm kind of not sure how I like those two signatures, though... Do you think I should sign off as "Madison" but with my name as a link to DWOD? And as ~Madison or -Madison? I'm not really sure and was wondering if you had an opinion. LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks for voting!
      I personally think your signoff is unique, since no one else does it (or at least, no one I've seen), but between ~ and -, I think it's really up to you... though I think just with your name I like the - better... I don't know why, I just do!
      ~ Light4theLord (hmmm... what if I used a -)
      - Light4theLord (eh. I'm not sure. NOW I'M UNDECIDED!)

      Delete
  4. Thank you SO much! What do you think about ★Madison but the 'Madison' is a link to my blog?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts