Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

The Christmas Celebration, part 4

Christmas Afternoon, Josie's POV

As the eldest, I took the seat in front of the fireplace to hand out gifts.

All of my sisters, including my new sister Madi, made a circle around the Christmas clubhouse.

The cookies we had baked this morning sat on a little side table, where anyone could grab one to munch on.
"Merry Christmas to everyone!" I told them. "We're going to go from youngest to oldest, which means that you, Amy, gets to go first!" I handed her a package.

"Who is this from?" Amy questioned. I smiled up at L4TL, who was taking pictures.
"Light4theLord's best friend, or one of them, named Sarah gave us each presents. Sarah is going to bring Lucy, her doll, sometime, right?" I grinned, hoping that Sarah would read this soon. Madi piped up, "Is Sarah the one who I'm named after?" I nodded. From what L4TL had told me, yes.

"Wow!" Amy said excitedly. This was our first Christmas that we celebrated on Dolls N All, and to have a whole bunch of presents arrive under the tree as a surprise from Sarah was a GREAT gift!  Amy unwrapped the side of the gift.

Pulling out a white box, she shook it and listened.
"Hmmmm..." she mused, flipping open the lid.

Inside was a gift wrapped in red tissue paper.
"Oh, oh, oh!" she exclaimed as she folded back the tissue paper. "It's perfect!"

Sarah obviously knew us well. The gift for Amy was a handmade purse full of colored pencils and a sketchpad.
Amy dumped the colored pencils out onto her lap.
"There's every color in here!" she counted them. "And there's a lot of them! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sarah! It's wonderful!"

I took another gift from Sarah to Samantha and set it on my lap.
"This is to Samantha." I handed it to her.

Sam tore the paper eagerly and tossed it aside. Her face lit up as she saw what was inside.
"To Find the Royal Treasure," Samantha read outloud. "It's the book you guys wrote, isn't it?" she looked up at L4TL, who nodded in reply.

"Thank you, Sarah!" she said, flipping it open and beginning to read.


"We've lost her." Katie said in mock sadness. "She's drifted into dreamland. I know that look." We all laughed, because Katie was right.

The next gift I handed to Katie, and it was from Elly, who had chosen Katie in the Secret Sister exchange.
 

"Yum!" Katie squealed when she saw what was inside. Everyone knew she had a sweet tooth.

"A whole Ghirardelli bar! Do I have to share?" she joked.
"Thanks, El!" Katie ran over and hugged her.
"You DO shorten everything!" Julie teased. "Next I'll be Ju!"

I found a present for Elly underneath the tree. It was beautifully wrapped and seemed a shame to rip!

But she ripped it anyways.

"Gracie Gold!" Elizabeth exclaimed as she saw the framed photo. "It's my favorite figure skater! Thanks, Sarah!"

Julie's turn was next, and she was given a large gift bag.

Inside was a laptop, which she quickly hooked up to the Internet.
"Hey," I told her. "Slow down!"
"But it's so cool!" she protested, but ended up gently putting it away.

The next gift was mine, and I was quite excited. So far, Sarah had nailed everyone's likes and I wondered what mine would be.

Inside the box was a soft parcel in white tissue paper.
"Hmmmm...." I said as I unfolded it.
* * * * * * * * * *  * * * * * * * * * * *
Check back VERY soon to see what Josie got, and for the last part in the Christmas Celebration!
~ Light4theLord
 
 
 


Comments

  1. Eek! What did Josie get? I'm just DYING of suspense! Also, you should make sure to update your header photo and the stars page before the new year, too! I'm looking forward to the giveaway, and the new feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go check! I just posted it! :) I'll definitely try! Thanks for reminding me- I did a fun photoshoot with Madi and Katie a couple days ago, so I'll probably use that!
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts