Skip to main content

Featured Post

Dolls N' All Rewards!

Yes indeed! For the first time that I have witnessed, a doll blog has it's own rewards program! I'm very, very excited about this program, and I hope you are too! In my excitement about this program release, I'll try not to repeat myself or become too confusing. If I do, just ask me any questions in the comments below! HOW IT WORKS: You, as a valued and amazing reader of Dolls N' All, can now sign up (instructions below) to join the Dolls N' All Rewards program. You'll earn points doing various things (point earning list below) such as following or subscribing to Dolls N' All, sharing a favorite post, commenting, etc. Fixed point amounts will go along with each action. Also, on special days such as 'National Doll Day' or our blogiversary, or possibly Christmas, we'll distribute 'point gifts'. DOTMs will receive a special amount of points as well. Once you hit certain amounts of points, you'll receive 'Reward Credits' which yo…

McKenna Shoots For the Stars!

A review on the American Girl movie McKenna Shoots for the Stars

Hi Guys! This is my first movie review, so I'm going to be kinda critical.... BEWARE!!!!!
 
 
 
Overall, I loved this movie, but there were some parts that I didn't like as much. Duh!
First of all, Jade Pettyjohn plays McKenna, and she was really good. I love all the actors and actresses in this movie: they were ALL really good. They got into character. But, Jade looks NOTHING like the McKenna doll. Agh!
1. She doesn't have the same caramel colored hair as the actual doll, Jade's hair in this movie is a reddish blonde curl...
2. I think they could've done better (the makeup section) (not the casting people).
Even this picture looks more like the McKenna doll! Here's the actual doll:
 vs.
They don't look very much alike, other than the clothes. That's one part that I didn't enjoy: she has curls, while the doll has slick straight caramel colored hair. And, in the movie, Jade's hair has more of a red highlighted tint to it that the soft golden brown that the doll does. Other than that, though, I like her role and acting. She was a great fit!

This gorgeous young lady, Ysa Penarejo, played Toulane Thomas and did a wonderful job!



The movie itself was awesome: the gymnastics was amazing. And I would advise this to any AG lover or gymnastics lover!!! I'm not going to tell you about it, just rate it as a 5 star production.
⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts