Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

Ill Fortune for a Season ~ A DOTM Post ~

(jsyk, I don't believe in good/bad fortune. But it was a fitting title. Ill fortune... get it?)
 
*sighs*
Welcome. It is I, Jules, your DOTM. This past week I caught a cross between flu/cough/cold/stomachbug/acheystuff/sorethroat/sneezywheezy.
 
Awful. Terrible. Depressing.
 
Almost as bad as L4TL not being allowed to have chocolate for the rest of her life.
Sympathize with her in the comments, 'kay? (yes, I'm being *slightly* dramatic here. She says that even though everything either good or bad doesn't last forever, this no-chocolate-no-gluten-no-starch-no-dairy thing seems like the closest thing to forever)
 
Anyways, before you read how awesome my sisters are, do note that I'm feeling better, thankfully. Therefore, read this story with the ease that while I felt awful, I am now feeling better.
 
******************************************
I moaned and tossed and turned and moaned and groaned and felt awful.

My throat was sore, my hands were clammy, I had chills, a fever, my whole body ached, I had thrown up several times already, my nose was so sniffly I couldn't breathe, and my sinuses felt like they were stuffed with cotton, I had a headache, a cough, and an incessant sneeze, and my stomach still hurt.
 
Even worse, I hadn't seen my family since Josie was informed of my illness. Where were they? I had heard all sorts of chatter and clattering out there....
Great. I was in the middle of a breakdown when someone knocked on the door. I croaked out an answer, which they took as a yes.

"Hi, Jules," Amy greeted in her chipper British accent. "I'm sorry you're not feeling well."

Mia, in the sweater dress I had made for her a couple of days ago, held out a pretty handmade 'get well soon' card.
"We made you this. I know it doesn't help much, but everyone's praying and hoping you get better soon."

"Thanks, you two. You're the best." I murmured, taking it. "I hope you guys don't catch this.

I read the card after they left and set it on the nightstand so I could look at it whenever I rolled over.

I thought the door was going to fall over when Samantha and Kit came tumbling through. Well, at least, I thought it was Samantha. It was more of a moving mass of pillows and blankets.

"Greetings, Jules," is what I think Kit said through her mask. It was rather muffled. "I brought you some literature."

"And I have some blankets for your fever and pillows for the congestion," Samantha called over her stack.

"Here," Kit plopped the extremely heavy biology book in my lap.

"Um, thanks," I mumbled. Genesis of Germs? The origin of diseases and the coming plagues? Oh my word. Just the thing I wanted to read.
 
not.

Samantha dropped the bedding on the... bed. She helped me sit up a little and placed the pillows under my head and tucked the blanket all around you.

As Kit was leaving, she leaned over and placed the biology book on the nighstand.

"Thanks," I whispered hoarsely. She just grinned as she walked away.

The door had barely shut when it was reopened and Madi and Elly darted in.
"Hey, Jules," Madi looked sympathetically at my pitiful self. "We saw what Kit brought and thought you might want some more... suitable entertainment." She grinned, and it brought a slight smile to my face.
 
"My magazines!" I croaked out. Yes, I kept all of my AG magazines. I had a whole box full in the hall closet.


"And we thought you might find this of great interest," Elly held up my phone. I nodded vigorously, until that made my head hurt even more. I must have left it on the counter the night before.

They laid it on the bed and wished me 'feel better quickly' before leaving.

I much preferred my new selection. After reading every single one of the magazines and scrolling Instagram and YouTube (oooooooooh, speaking of whicccch......... DOLLS N' ALL HAS A YOUTUBE AND INSTAGRAM! Both of which you should TOTALLY check out.)

I was resting when the door cracked open once more.

"Hey girl," Josie held out a steaming bowl of soup. "You need to eat something, and I made this chicken soup just for you."

"Thank you," I said gratefully, taking it. "I have the best sisters ever."
 
****************************************************
And don't you agree?! You might ask 'Where in the WORLD is Katie? Is she too scared of getting sick? Well, I asked that too. Directly after getting the soup, actually. Josie said she was at gymnastics, or was supposed to be. At that moment, I checked the time and told her... just as we heard a huge crash, a splatter, and an exclamation: Why didn't anyone tell me that was a hot pot?!
 
I'm pretty sure you can guess what happened from there. Let's just say it was a mess, and I'm glad Josie made two pots of soup.
 
Anyways, INSTAGRAM AND YOUTUBE!
Epic, right?!?!?
 
ACTUALLY. There *aren't* enough pictures of me on there. Which means I need to go fix that. BE PREPARED, WORLD.
 
Yeah. It's currently pretty boring. But L4TL's brother's stopmotions are on there, which are pretty cool.
And you *might* wanna subscribe because of Season 1, Episode one of DNA TGS coming up...........
 
So that's it for today, but... remember to smile!
 
 
 
 
 
 


Comments

  1. Hi Light4theLord! I am just starting to read your blog and I love it. The photos are amazing. I followed via WordPress!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, Sara! That's super exciting for us (and by us, I mean myself and the dolls. ;)) and I'm so glad you love it! Thanks for following and taking the time to comment! ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear you are on the mend. Being sick really stinks. It's good your family helped entertain you and still stay healthy themselves. thinking more positive and healing thoughts at you.
    ~Xyra and the Tea Time gang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Xyra! :) Definitely - my sisters are the BEST! :D :D

      Delete
  3. Wow you sure have a personality Julie! XD Nice job L4TL, it was super fun to read! :)
    https://justagd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, thank you very much! *bows with a flourish*
      ~ Jules
      L4TL: Thanks, Just AG! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  4. AHHH INSTAGRAM AND YOUTUBE SO EXCITING! I would subscribe but I'm not allowed to WAAA.

    I LOVED the photostory! Aww, poor Jules... feel better soon OR ELSE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO VERY VERY EXCITING! *sniffles* Oh.... okay... *whimpers* BUT YOU MUST CHECK BACK SOON WHEN WE DO THE CUST..... the nevermind.
      BUT DNA TGS. Oh wait. XD Nevermind.
      Aw, thanks - or else?!?!?!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts