Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

WHOSE INSTA DID MY DOLLS COPY FOR A WEEK?!



HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

For today, I did something very, very special with our two little redheads....
 
You've probably seen the 'I Copied _____'s Instagram for a Week' on YouTube. In case you haven't, it's where people recreate the instagram posts of famous celebrities for a week.
 
However... never has it ever been done in the doll blogosphere - YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST!
 
I was actually struggling with what to do - I'm so crazy busy with school that I don't have time for a photostory series, or any good quality photostories... and it's rather dull outside for photoshoots... and I am *so* sick of all of the clique 'name this TM doll' 'who looks best dressed' and 'my thoughts on...'
 
So, therefore, I decided to recreate an actresses' instagram - with my dolls!
 
NOW. YOU MUST GUESS WHO (by the halfway mark of this post) MY DOLLS COPIED.
 
Clue #1: She was the voice of two Peanuts Movie characters.
Clue #2: She's 13.
 
(ha. ha. ha..... figure that out)
 
Tada. Six clues.
 
Now, who do you think it is?
 
(if you can't guess, don't worry. I'm about to tell you. :D)
 
 
My dolls copied....
 
 
I say 'dolls' because TWO of mine worked together to do this: Mia & Katie! It was SO much fun, and really quite interesting! Of course, not everything is perfect (some things are impossible! XD), but I really enjoyed it! Ready?
 
PHOTO #1
This was the very, very, very first photo I copied - probably one of the easiest. I used Mia (since her hair is straighter than Katie's) for the doll, and the choker? I thought that'd be extremely easy - ribbon, right? Wrong. I found not a single strand of black ribbon in the house. *facedesk* Therefore... BRING OUT THE WASHI TAPE!
I also needed a beanie. Where would I find one of those?! #socks I just cut up an old sock. XD And the finished product...
I'm *really* proud of this. I thought it turned out pretty well! It's one of the best that happened. Granted, the background isn't the same (duuuuuuuh...) but come on peoples. Where was I supposed to get a background like that? (don't answer, please.)
(I started with one of my two favorites, and I'm gonna end with the other)
 
PHOTO #2

DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD THIS ONE WAS?!?!
Ugh. Anyways, this was like, the..... third? fourth? one I did and I kinda got... not quite so careful. I didn't wanna make a lacy sweater (though I did it before for Julie's birthday) and where was I supposed to get flowery cat ears?! Seriously?! Claire's doesn't exist for dolls! ACK! (plus, I was doing this all in one day y'all. I didn't have time to order it off of somewhere)
So, ta-daaaaa... I used a pipe cleaner and the flower crown I made for DNA camp. It was fun! She's wearing a creamy sweater that I got from who knows where, and justa blue and silver bead for the necklace. :) (you'll see it again in a minute) BUT I GOT THE HAIRTHING RIGHT! XD XD XD I just tied a white scarf-ish thing around her ponytail. :)
 
PHOTO #3
look at da ice creaaaaaaam....
Okay, so this was pretty much impossible to do with a doll. #1: dolls can't hold ice cream like that #2: dolls can't point
So, I tried to just get the same theme - all the way down to the necklace and red fingernails!
(this time, Katie did it - you might be able to figure out that any with Francesca's hair straight are with Mia, and any with Francesca's hair curly are Katie)
Voila! I didn't have a uni-cone tshirt like Francesca, so I just used a plain white one. And I took this in the garage because it's the only place where there are green plants still. XD XD XD Everything else is frozen or dead.
 
PHOTO #4
 
Another slightly impossible one for dolls, but I tried it anyways 'cause it reminded me of Kate's photoshoot last week. :P (note: I don't have taxis... or business men.. or cement posts..)

BUT I DID HAVE PINKISH PURPLEY BOOTS! :)
Not very close at all. But it was fun - same kind of skirt, same sleeveless top, same color boots...
 
PHOTO #5
Dolls don't have that long of arms. Sorry.
Buuuuuuut... Mia does have longish hair. So, other than the fact that the doll's arms are WAY shorter than Francesca's, I was pretty pleased with this (guys, I got the hairtie color right. XD).
 
 
PHOTO #6
 
Okay, so this was pretty fun to do. You might know that a doll is completely incapable of posing like this... but TWO dolls aren't! I am SO pleased with the way this one turned out (#picmonkeyfilters). Want to see it?

I really loved how this one ended up because I really used two dolls: Katie, as you can see, and Mia's hand. XD XD I found this fuzzy-ish Madame Alexander jacket for Mia's hand and slid it on.. but then I realized that you can see the Francesca's other sleeve on her shoulder. What was I supposed to do?
That, dear reader, is when duplicate outfits come in handy. :) My sister and I both had the same set when we were little - thus, two fuzzy jackets! (and I was so lazy that I only put one of Katie's arms in the sleeve - the one you can see. XD)
I used a PicMonkey filter to give it the reddish hue, like Francesca's.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
So, everyone, how'd you like it?
Was it fun to read? It was really fun to make. Would you like to see another Instagram-copied post next week? If so, comment below an Instagram star and the doll of mine that you think would best work for her! :) (I've already got some lined up for Samantha and *possibly* Kit and Elly) Also, let me know which photo was YOUR favorite and which ones you think I did the best job on!
REMEMBER - you saw it here first, at dollsnall.blogspot.com!
 
We also have a super exciting announcement - the collab magazine with Samantha of AGDA! Read it here!
 
~ Light4theLord
photographer of the stars

ALSO!
Today marks the official day of my new blog going live!

Check it out at www.juliaroseauthor.com!




 
 


Comments

  1. Awe! They all look so good and very close to the originals! Definitely do another, I just don’t know of any suggestions sorry. I’m not on instagram, so yeah. I didn’t guess from any of your hints, but I remember her from dog with a blog.
    ❤️Diamond @ buildabearsfurever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I worked pretty hard on most of them! :) No problem - I just got on Instagram last month! :) Oh, cool! :D

      Delete
  2. This is a super creative idea! You did a really nice job on your pictures! I'd love to see another one.
    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really enjoyed doing it! Yay! I'll probably have another one up in a couple of weeks!

      Delete
  3. I completely ADORE this idea!!!! I would love to see another one on your blog. You did a fabulous job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I'm SO glad you like it and it was so fun to do! I hope to have another one up... soon!

      Delete
  4. Okay, let's see, I think you should totally do Madi copying Austyn Johnson's Instagram, (@real_austyn) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't find your new website

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool! You did a great job on making them look alike. :) Also, I'm hosting a giveaway on my doll blog right now!

    Kaitlyn @ Kaits AG Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your doll looks so almost exactly like the pictures!:)
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts