Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

The Figure Skating Competition {Madi's Birthday Collab with Mimi @ Stuffie Adventures}



Happy happy happy happy.... DAY!
Sorry. That was a Studio C reference.
Anyways, it's my birthday, happy happy meeeee!
And even better, guess what!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
*throws confetti in the air*
WE SHARE A BIRTHDAY. DIDYA KNOW THAT?! ISN'T THAT JUST AWESOME?!?!?
WE ARE TWINZIES! JUST LIKE L4TL AND REBEKAH!

Mimi is the AMAZING skater over at Stuffie Adventures and she asked me to if I would be willing to do a collab post with her. Willing? NO! ABSOLUTELY THRILLED AND HONORED AND ECSTATIC! :D :D :D


You must - right now - go read her POST!


Anyways, mine is all about the competition I skated at this morning. It was really, really, really fun - and you get to see all about it!

I did little mini 'vloggy' things all throughout the day and ended up typing them here - hope you enjoy! (I also added some hindsight notes)
***********************************************
8:34 a.m. 
Hey ya'll - it's me, Madelon Sarah McCormick. I love saying my name because it's after three awesome people.
But anyways, I just arrived at the rink for today's skating competition. I'm super excited and it's such a huge opportunity. I really hope I do well - I've been practicing so much. My triple-double combo keeps messing me up, but I'm hoping I'll nail it today - on my birthday! It'd be such a great gift. I've got to start warming up. 
I've got my trusty skates here - I just had them resharpened a couple of days ago, so I'm hoping all goes well.

I'm awkwardly trying to vlog right now while tying my skates. I think I'll just put the cam down for a sec.

So like, I'll ramble a little about my routine. I've got some awesome spins in there, and like I said earlier, a triple-double combination (jumps - three rotations, step, and then a two rotation jump) that's the hardest I've ever done and I've only nailed it a couple of times - best feeling in the world!

 

I always warm up - after stretching, of course - by doing a couple laps around the rink and then working on my edges during crossovers.


Guys, vlogging while skating is a bad idea. I'm gonna give it to Katie during the comp and hope she doesn't ruin it. Good luck with that!
 
**************************************************
10:34 a.m. 
IT'S KATIE YA'LL! ME! 
Well, I'm supposed to be quiet and just tell you guys a little bit of what Madi's doing. She's skating to some Disney song. Dunno. Never watch those. Ooh, but have you guys seen all the LOTR movies? I'm reading the books for school *gags* but I wanna see the movies. 
Right. skating. *rolls eyes* WHATEVS GUYS. But okay, here's a picture of Madi.
*claps* She's gonna do great.
 


She starts out with some lovely uh... stroke things? And the music is nice and calm and sleepy. No, not sleepy.. .sappy... something like that.

And now she's doing something a little faster.



And now she's skating backwards and launching into...

 
A jumpy thing. She turned twice. I think. She was going really fast. But she landed it pretty well, so I guess that's good?
And she's doing a spin, which looks really dizzying.


I think she calls these things crossovers. Backward ones.


And some more because I think this is her big jump thing.


Whoa. She just jumped and turned like, three times. OH! And she jumped again. A double.


And she landed it PERFECTLY! GUYS CHEER FOR HER!!!!!
And now, as you can see, she's standing perfectly still and waving to everyone. Weird. Oh, I guess it's cause the music ended. *shrugs* Okay.
 
**************************************************
I - Madi - am back. I'm kinda scared to see what Katie said all that time. But okay... in my opinion, I think I did pretty well. I faltered on that last jump, but all of my spins were perfect. And I landed the triple-double!

 
I'm currently sitting here, waiting for my scores...
 
YES! I was last in the rotation and I bumped Olivia Santon off and got third!
*runs around squealing and cheering*
 
*********************************************
 
And now it's like, almost midnight. After the skating competition and awards ceremony - which was pretty fun, but I wish Mimi had been there - I went with my sisters to a new ice cream place. We'll definitely be going back, and I'll take you guys with me.
MIMI - I hope you ate LOTS of ice cream and chocolate! (or just chocolate ice cream, like me. XD XD XD) It was so fun to do this, and I really hope you had a
FANTABULOUSLY AWESOME
birthday!
 
♥ Madi





Comments

  1. AHH YAY FOR YOU GETTING THIRD!!! Your backward crossovers look so perfect...I, on the other hand, really need to work on them. ��
    I wish I had been there to cheer you on! And on a more random note, chocolate ice cream is da BEST. XD
    -Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW THANK YOU! I'm POSTIVE you'll nail them very, very soon!!
      And I wish I had been there to enjoy your cake with you! XD IT IS REALLY AMAZING! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday Madi! You did a very good job skating-congratulations on third!
    L4TL, Those ice photos are to die for. They look amazing! I just love them so, so much. Of course, I always admire your photos.
    ❤️Diamond @ buildabearsfurever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so much fun and I love it! ~ Madi
      Thank you, Diamond! You're so encouraging - it means a lot to me! :) ~ L4TL

      Delete
  3. Fun! Happy birthdays!!
    ~Gracie
    smileandcraftag.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOH! You did so good Madi! Kit says Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday to Mimi also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! GORGEOUS pictures!
    ~Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to both of ya'll ! Madi your skating was really good!Third GREAT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Cool pictures! (no pun intended, ok maybe XD)
    ~justAG
    https://justagd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday!

    Love the skating photos! Looking forward to the Winter Olympics in February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      It was a lot of fun - keep watching for a fun feature!

      Delete
  9. Happy birthdays! :D Also, great pictures! :)

    ~Kaitlyn @ Kaits AG Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts