Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

Five Minutes = Five Fashion DIYs ~ A DOTM Post ~

You say 'nah, that's impossible'
I say, 'let's do this!'

 
 
*cue awesome music*
 
So, whaddya say, ya'll? Surely you've had that time when you're standing in front of the mirror and you're like 'nope, this outfit is so boring but i've only got five minutes until i have to leave'. I have. WAY TOO MANY TIMES. Or like 'I need to update insta but I hate my current oufit' or 'AHHHH PHOTOSTORY IN TWO MINUTES'
If you've only got two minutes, it means you can only do TWO of these.
 
But still, you can do all of these in UNDER A MINUTE - by yourself!
 
Crazy, right? And they're not cheesy - they're ADORBS!
 
Let's DO THIS!
 
******************************************
Fashion DIY #1: Nifty Nails in Nanoseconds
(scratch the nanoseconds part... it was entirely for alliteration)
 If this does not immediately make you wanna do this, just leave. 'Cause this is pure epicness.
You've heard of the human washi tape nail art... well, Josie (my older sister) gave me this I N C R E D I B L E set of washi tape, including a GOLD roll. Thus, gold nail art! Literally - cut strips the size of your fingernail, trim to custom size, and stick on - SO easy! The first time takes a little longer than a minute, but I got it down to a fine art and it's just SO gorgeous!
Lemme just say I was inspired by DWOD's review of the AG nail polish, and I was like "hey, I should try washi tape nail art 'cause L4TL has been talking about her trying it forever' and I'm tired of waiting to see how it turns out'.
IT TURNED OUT GREAT.
Go do it.
Now.
AND IF YOU DON'T HAVE WASHI TAPE, GET SOME. NOW.

*****************************************************
Fashion DIY #2: Elegant Headband

 This literally took no time AT ALL. And look at how beautiful it is! Simply cut a strip of fabric (I used tulle) and tie it around like a headband. I trimmed the edges to the desired length and style, spread out the edges to make it look wider, and voila! I love it so much, and I'm planning on making so many more. It adds SO much.
Under a minute ya'll. WHAT ARE YOU EVEN WAITING FOR?!?!
 
*****************************************************
Fashion DIY #3: Raid of the Stash
yes, it's a do-it-yourself. you're the one raiding the stash. therefore, you're doing it yourself.
 
Your human had better have a good stash of bracelets.... riiiiight?

 
Check out this beauuuuutiful necklace! (actually, it was given to us by Madi of DWOD, but L4TL kept keeping it in her jewelry box. Crazy her. She doesn't even wear bracelets, other than Mudlove!)

And these...
all because I dug through L4TL's jewelry box (legit, she has the smallest assortment and she's so not a jewelry person. She only wears like, MudLove, this one gold set, a silver set, and some special ones people gave her. She didn't even notice these were gone. *facedesks*)


This has GOT to be my favorite! Isn't it just lovely?!
 
And raiding jewelry boxes can be under a minute. Trust me.
****************************************************
Fashion DIY #4: Ridiculously Simple Rings

Guys. SO. EASY. It's a brad fastener, in case you were wondering. (and I did this one before the nail art, that's why my hands look so boring) Wrap it around and BOOM. Gorgeousness.
 
************************************************
Fashion DIY #5: Easy Earrings
 
Some of you should know that I don't have my ears pierced (sadlyyyyy.... maybe for my birthday this year?!).
BUT I WANT MY EARS PIERCED SO BAD.
*enter rhinestones*
 
 
Look at that. Just look at that. Aren't those just beautiful?! They're so pretty. They're stickers. No joke.

Another photo of my beautiful self.
 
And so that's ALL for todaaaaaay!
Which one is your favorite? Which ones have you made by now? You spent about five minutes reading this, so go spend five minutes making it. Like, all of these.
AND SEND ME BEAUTIFUL PICTURES OF YOUR LOVELY SELVES WITH THESE AWESOME DIYSSSSSSS!
 
 


Comments

  1. That bracelet to necklace thing is a super good idea! I have a TON of old bracelets I never wear! Why didn't I think of that? Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! TOTALLY DO IT! L4TL gives us *so very* generously (code for 'we take it from her very secretly) some of hers... post pics when you do it!

      Delete
  2. Great tips! I did a jaw drop with the ring, so simple and easy. Of course, finding as brass fastener might be harder than making the ring. :-)
    ~Xyra

    Juliette, My sisters and I definitely raid Xyra's collection of bracelets. One of her bangles broke and it makes a great base for using different pendants.
    ~Melody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed! It's super easy - and if you have a decorative one, it's even prettier! True, I can never find enough. :/ I did scrounge up the one for the pictures, but I'm still digging through those office supplies for a silver one.

      YES! Fellow bracelet raiders! :D That's genius!

      Delete
    2. You could paint the brass silver if you have some silver nail polish.

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's genius! You could really do it with any color! :)

      Delete
    4. So very true! :-D I didn't even think about that. :-D

      Delete
  3. I absolutely adore each and every one of these! The brad fastener is particularly spectacular. I have bajillions of washi tape rolls, so I will have to try the nail are one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yay! I'm so glad you like them! Ooooh, spectacular! I like that word! :D :D DEFINITELY TRY IT!!!!

      Delete
  4. Oh my GOSH this is amazing!! All the ideas are awesome, Jules, FANTASTIC job.

    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehehe, Julie, I used to do the rhinestone sticker thing all the time before I got my ears pierced. (I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced 'til I turned 10, I was such a deprived child.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you poor thing! You can sympathize with me then - can you believe that L4TL won't let me get my ears pierced?!

      Delete
    2. I'm actually kind of glad my parents had that little rule, because I was old enough to take care of the piercings, so in the years I've had the holes, I've never had any kind of infection or problems, but AWESOME people like you are immune to things lime that, so L4TL should let you get your ears pierced ASAP!

      Delete
    3. True... L4TL wasn't allowed to get her ears pierced until she was eight. So that *is* a good idea. :D YES I AM IMMUNE XD XD XD SHE SHOULD! We should go to the AG store.. *gasps* I'M A GENIUS! XD XD

      Delete
    4. Mine made me wait until 13. By that time I'd seen so many of my friends have an earring ripped out, I decided I didn't need the hassle. Still not pierced. :-)
      ~Xyra

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts