Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

The Christmas Play (Or So It's Called...) ~ A DOTM Post ~

Hello Again! Raven from DN here! The other day a few my "sisters" decided to put on a Christmas play. Sadly, I had a hard time inserting my opinion over all the fuss, and ended up being dragged into it all. Oh well, it's over now. Would you like to hear about it? Tenney was the announcer (as you can see above).

Our neighbor's baby Nathaniel played baby Jesus. It would have been super cute except for the fact he was really fussy at not getting his bottle on time. Some people had a hard time hearing the lines of the actresses.


Saige played Mary. She was pretty good at it. Especially since she had a cold... Acting comes pretty naturally to her, but not me! During auditions, I said I'd rather not have any part at all. When I'm on stage I freeze up and can barely move. Caroline pushed me though, to take a step outside my comfort zone. 

Oddly enough we had no Joseph, simply because no one wanted to be him. Caroline asked me if I was willing to be him. I finally agreed, but when dress rehearsals came I couldn't say more than one sentence before freezing up. Caroline finally gave up and gave me the smallest part she could find. I was relieved (at first). Do you want to know who I played? I played...
 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

...the sheep. Yes. The sheep. I guess you could say I was a girl in sheep's clothing (sorry, I suppose Mckenna's humor has been rubbing off on me), but we didn't actually even have a sheep costume. I had to go and find all the white things in my closet and pile them on. 

And can you believe it? I could hardly even act out that part. I feel so ashamed.

When I walked up on stage I froze immediately. After what probably seemed like an eternity to the audience, I finally mustered out my one and only line: "Ba."

 I proceeded to exit the stage, I assume my cheeks were red. I wish I had been a backstage hand... or better yet, a part of the audience. I don't want to be rude, but I couldn't help asking myself, "Why do we even need a sheep?" It is so insignificant. I wish I would have been brave enough to play Joseph. Nothing went as planned actually. I believe this play (in Julie's words) was quite possibly a "bust." 

When the play was over, and the audience was gone, I wiped off my "sheep makeup," and sat down disappointedly on the stage beside Nathaniel who was still crying in the "manger." I patted him to try to get him to settle down.


And what do you know... he did! He just started smiling and cooing. That really warmed up my spirit. Tenney looked over my shoulder as she walked past, "Wow Raven, you're good with kids!" I beamed at the baby.



While the others were packing up the props and moaning about the calamitous play, I was helping by keeping little Nate occupied. I think we both really enjoyed ourselves. 
 

 
So yes, the play was a total unfortunate nuclear collision disaster, but playing with Nathaniel and seeing his little smile, reminds me that there is always something to appreciate in life. That's what I want to remember this Christmas. (Along with completely forgetting that... "play." I'm sure I'll laugh about it someday... maybe...) What are you keeping in mind this holiday season?

Yours,
-Raven


Comments

  1. Awww! You look so cute in your sheep costume! Hope you feel better soon Saige! That stinks that your sick over the holidays :( Wow, I think baby Nathaniel likes you. :D Merry Christmas! I hope you had a wonderful time!
    - Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... Thank You. 😉 Saige says "Many Thanks, Katie." I think so too! We did! Thanks so much!

    -Raven
    http://www.dollnotebook.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Her little sheep nose is so cute! That was a cute story. And, Saige, you look beautiful as Mary!
    ~ The Human

    https://lifeofafarmdoll.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I'm glad you liked it! Saige says,"Of Course!" *face palm*

      -Raven
      http://www.dollnotebook.com/

      Delete
  4. The sheep are sometimes the best part of the play. I think you did fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thank You so much!

      -Raven
      http://www.dollnotebook.com/

      Delete
  5. AWWWE THAT WITTLE SHEEPY NOSE.

    And oh my gosh, I LOVED THAT ENDING. As soon as I read that Nathaniel was crying I was like GASP SHE'S GONNA MAKE HIM FEEL BETTER. That was so cute and sweet!! Great job, Jewel!

    Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD XD XD

      Thanks so much, Madi! Awwww! That's Raven for you. Thank You!!!

      -Jewel

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts