Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

Welcome Home!

Welcome Home!


 Guess who came in the mail yesterday?

 
Yes- Mini Melody Ellison! Welcome home, little doll!
As some of you might know, American Girl Doll Crafter had a giveaway for one very special Mini Melody doll on her blog, Doll Days, a little while back. I nearly forgot about it until it showed up on my Blogger feed, and I received an email saying I had won! (Check out her very clever way of announcing the winner here) If you've been reading my top five favorite blogs, you probably already figured this out (benefits of a unique username!), but I'm super excited about adding a lot of firsts to my collection:
first AG Mini Doll
first Beforever (as in, first brand-new doll since 2014)
first AA doll (and I love her!)
first giveaway won for a doll
 
So, four firsts for my list!
Now, onto pictures taken in the car (sorry about the quality, the car was moving. ;) ) for when I opened it... I had watched for the mail truck or UPS vehicle, and of course it came while I was gone... that's okay- I was so surprised when I climbed into the van and saw a package in my seat- I literally squealed with delight!
American Girl Doll Crafter had packaged the box so beautifully, I didn't want to ruin it (but I can't show you the label 'cause it has my address, but it was adorable!) so I borrowed my little brother's pocket knife and made a slit on the side instead. :)

Inside were packing peanuts (thank me for actually taking pictures and not completely ignoring you guys by just opening it... :) )

I love the card- AGDC has such pretty handwriting! In case you haven't noticed, I shorten everything...
What's in a name?- WIAN
American Girl Doll Crafter- AGDC
Dolls N' All- DNA (no, just kidding. :) )
Light4theLord (that's me!)- L4TL

Mini Melody in her package! Isn't she gorgeous?!?!?!?!
 
Waiting to be opened...

Mini Melody!!! I was (and still am!) so excited when I finally opened it!!
Melody is sooooo pretty! I love her very much!

How could anyone NOT love her to death?!?!?!?

Now I finally have my musician! However... it'll be much harder to make mini-mini instruments rather than mini instruments! :)
 
Thank you again, AGDC! I love Mini Melody!
 
Look out for a review, photoshoot, and photostory soon!
~ Light4theLord

 
 
 

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness! That is SO exciting!! Congratulations on getting her! Mini Melody is SO cute! She is just so precious... Your pictures are making me want her! MUST RESIST! LOL. ;)
    And hahaha! Dolls 'N All, DNA... ��
    By the way, I love that first picture! It looks incredible! All of your pictures, in fact, are fabulous!
    Congrats again on winning mini Melody! That is awesome! And she is just adorable! ��
    •Madison•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about those weird question marks! They're supposed to be this smiley face: 😄

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I'm really happy with her and now I'm looking for other Mini Dolls (ebay, shopgoodwill) that I can add to my collection. Now that I actually got started on them, I want more- before I wasn't sure if I liked them or not, but now I know I love them! :)
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
    3. No problem! That's so cool you might get more minis! I especially love the pre-BeForever ones. I don't really like how they are all vinyl now, but that's just my opinion. :P

      Delete
    4. Oh- I didn't even know they weren't completely vinyl- were they like actual minis of the eighteen inch? (cloth body) If so, I would much prefer that too. :)
      ~ Light4theLord

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That's what I thought too! Mini Melody was my surprise, in case you didn't realize that... I'll bring her soon!

      Delete
  3. Fantastic she can be the American girl doll or little sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved getting to see uthe mini Melody doll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun seeing you too! I'm glad you like Mini Melody!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on getting Melody!!!!!!!
    Kaitlynrh1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts