Skip to main content

Featured Post

life ~ a photostory

  ~ a life update in the form of a photostory ~ this is truly Julia's aesthetic, entirely by accident, most of her closet is blue and white stripes. she's always either wearing her airplane propeller necklace or her dream necklace, wearing double dutch braids.  Once upon a time, there was a girl named Julia. She was a dreamer, one with a good imagination and wide horizons. Some of her happiest days as a teenager were spent taking photos of dolls, lying in the street to get the perfect angle. Her dolls were like built in friends, companions wherever she went, on trips and vacations and outings.  As she grew up, Julia grew busier and busier, and high school was a lot of work. But she had goals and she did everything she could to reach them. One of them was graduating two years early, which took up a lot of time and energy. After hours upon hours of studying, she finally graduated.  Taking a gap year beginning in 2020, the weirdest year of the century, she had no lack of other thi

Fashion Friday: Dolls N' All Makeover!

It's another Dolls N' All Salon Makeover!

Featuring Samantha and Josie- the first two dolls of my collection! (and my sister's, of course, since Josie is hers) Beware- I did undress the dolls for these pictures. I learned about this technique from my cousin, and she used it on Noelle first! Anyways, here we go! I'll also share the recipe on what I used on the two dolls that haven't been cleaned in nearly six-eight years...
 
 
What you will need:
A doll in need of a makeover
A towel (don't you love the monkey?!?!)
Baking soda (the magic makeover powder! :D )
A spray bottle of water
A soft cloth

First, I undressed Samantha and laid her on the towel.

Dump a bit of the baking soda onto the cloth (not too much!) and rub it in to make it into a fine powder on the cloh.

Spritz the legs with water, and only water. DO NOT GET THE CLOTH WET. Though I'm almost halfway positive it wouldn't do too much damage for just a spritz, but still- be VERY CAREFUL if trying this.

This is before...

And her arm. I know the pictures don't depict much but they were COVERED in grime... and I mean, covered.

And after! I think that she looks WAY better after the cleaning. Actually, only the left leg in this picture has been cleaned so though it's kinda hard to see, the right one is much worse.

This is only part of the grime I got off!

And a total after! She looked like a new doll when I was done!

Her right arm before...

and her left arm before..

Her face before (sorry about the lighting)

and after!


When you do the doll's face, be EXTREMELY careful at this point not getting any baking soda or water in her eyes. You might have to pick out leftover baking soda residue out of her mouth. Yeah, I know...
After! Doesn't she look great?!

Her face looked much better too!

Her arm after...

And a bit closer of the legs..
 
And now for her hair!

Personally, since her hair is a bit shorter, and it's used, I don't normally play with her hair as much but after this...

I gently sprayed the ends with water and brushed it out with a WIRE brush.

Here's her school picture!

And her hair in a double-dutch braid that meets in the middle!

I really like this hairstyle on her!

From the side! You can tell that her face looks a lot better too!
 
On to Josie:

Before

Her legs were really marked up.

Here's the other leg too...

Before- you can still see all the grime, marks, and scuffs. See what almost ten years does to her?!?!?

Her arm also had scuffs- sorry about the lighting!

Before (sorry she doesn't have clothes, but it's easiest that way- and with their hair up!)

Before (it's already spritz so it's a bit shiny)

After! It looks so smooth and clean!!! I'm so happy with her results! (Though, quote 'She looks pasty!' from one of my siblings)

Her arm before...

and after! It's amazing the difference! you can still see some baking soda granules and some of the scuffs on her arm, but it's much better in my opinion!
 
 
 
I hope you liked this post! I know it wasn't technically 'Fashion' but it's on Friday, and Julie convinced the girls to go in to the Dolls N' All before school started!
I'm super excited about having 3,000 views! Will you help me get to 5,000? I'm going to post a celebratory '3,000' project soon!
 
Oh, and I also need your help:
I might be going on a road trip through a whole bunch of states and I'm only allowed to take along two dolls! (Yes, a tragedy!) I can't figure out who I am going to take!
I know I'm going to end up taking Katie because she's never gone on a long trip with me before (Elizabeth and Sam have tons of time!). I'm starting to lean towards taking Elly and Katie (my sister said she'd take Julie along) but I don't want to leave Sam out. :( Even though I've taken her everywhere since I was 6.. well, almost everywhere!
I need your help deciding! If I do end up taking Katie and Elly, I'd probably leave Samantha and Amy with my cousin so she could doll-sit them (hear that, L?)!
 
Let me know what you think!

Comments

  1. Your dolls look amazing after the makeover! I think you should take whichever doll you really, really want to. Have fun on your road trip!! :D
    •Madi•

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep 1 or 2 for u . If I need to . L

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts